These no-sew bobby pins are a classy and cute way to dress up any hair style. I was inspired by a set of pins I saw online for $45, which is sadly too expensive for anything that will go in my hair. It’s so much easier and cheaper just to make them yourself! Best of all, they take less than 10 minutes to make 🙂
It’s a quick, easy, fun, and relaxing project!
1. Cut out circles- Cut three circles out of the sheer fabric. Each one should be smaller than the previous one. My largest was about 1.5 inches wide.
2. Burn the edges- Time to play with some fire :D. You’ll want to burn the edges of the petals with matches, candles, or lighters. I personally wouldn’t recommend matches, but sadly, they were all I had in my dorm room. I ended up burning my fingers as much as the fabric. Oops.
3. Glue together the petals- Place a dab of hot glue in the center of the largest petal, and then place the medium-sized petal on top. Put another dab of hot glue in the center, and place the smallest petal on top.
4. Glue on pearl beads– Finish off the design by decorating with small seed pearls. I think they add a fancy touch to the otherwise bare rose!
5. Glue the rose to the bobby pin- Place a dollop of glue on the bobby pin, and press the rose down. Hold the rose until the glue is dried.
Making these bobby pins was a fun break after a day working at my internship. They are quite simple to make, so give them a try if you want to dress up your usual hair style! I’ll be releasing more hair accessory DIYs in the next week, so look forward to a scrunchie DIY and a wire headband DIY 🙂